Friday, April 15, 2005

Mixed emotions...

Well, most of you know by now that I'm moving to Japan in July. I had left one very important friend off my list when I told people about this. I didn't really intend to not tell Micheal, I just hadn't called him yet. I figured that was a conversation I'd rather have with him in person. I finally got the chance to tell him a few weeks ago. He was on his way into Tyler, but wasn't going to have much free time, so I wouldn't get to see him face to face. I figured I needed to just tell him since it was only a few months away before I would be leaving. If you're wondering why it was hard for me to tell Micheal, it's because for 2 years we've talked about moving somewhere (a big city) together after he graduated. Well, he graduates in December. We were making small talk that day on the phone and I said, "Hey, I need to tell you something." I told him that I'd be moving to Japan in July for at least a year, maybe up to 3, depending on how much I liked it there. He yelled, "What?! No you aren't!" I went on to tell him about how I knew this was what I was supposed to do, and I told him I wanted him to come visit me there too if he could. I didn't get Micheal to see my side that day. He was upset when we got off the phone, but was supposed to call me later that day. It's been almost 2 weeks and I haven't talked to him yet, so I'm going to have to make an emergency trip to San Marcos. I was actually going to San Antonio already the last week in April, so it isn't too much out of the way. I know he'll get over the fact that I'm leaving, but I want him to be happy for me. I want him to realize this is really something I want to do.

On a side note: Thanks to you guys who have been extremely supportive of this new part of my life. I'm really excited about going to Japan and I can't wait to tell you guys about it once I'm there.

Edit: I wrote this entry on Monday, the 11th. I'm adding this to it now and posting it today. I talked to Micheal last night. He's still mad about the situation, but he's glad that I'll get to see him in a few weeks. I think he's really just waiting for me to tell him I'm not going. I guess it won't be real to him until I'm actually gone.

No comments: