Wednesday, April 20, 2005

International Day

Shani came over to the office today before the staff meeting so we decided to go over to the International Day extravaganza in the Apache Rooms. When we got there, Carlos was salsa dancing with someone. That was fun to watch. I love watching people dance, mainly because I'm so horrible at it. Shani and I walked around and looked at the exhibits and he read some Arabic writing to me. I was impressed, even if he grew up learning the language. We kept walking around then saw Carlos. He was finished dancing and asked me why I didn't get up there and dance with him. I confessed that I had no idea how to salsa dance, so he decided he needed to teach me the basic step. We were in the middle of a big room, but no one was really looking at us, so it wasn't a big deal. I guess if I had more practice then I would do alright. I would love to learn how to salsa dance someday. I also saw Edward, a guy from church over there. He was just visiting a friend up there. International Day was a success if you ask me. I got to learn a salsa dance step and Carlos even let me have his CD of Latin dance music. I better get busy practicing...

No comments: