Wednesday, April 13, 2005

April fools joke a few days too early...

This story is a little late coming, but I wanted to wait until I could put the picture up with this.

On Tuesday, March 29th, I got home around 11 p.m. My dad was watching TV in the sunroom and says to me, "Hey, can you go check on your brother?" I was confused and asked why. He said, "Well, him and I got in a fight and he was pretty mad. Just go see if he's calmed down." I said, "Are you serious?" Dad just said, "Yes". So I go upstairs, knock on Cory's door, and he says, "Come in". I open his door and he's laying on the bed with an ice pack over his right eye. I said, "What happened?" Without saying a word, he just took the ice pack off his eye and this is what I saw:



I was mad. I said, "Dad really did this to you?" I mean, my dad is not a violent person at all, and I just couldn't believe it. Cory said, "Well, I don't remember what I said, but I made him mad and then I hit him on the arm. I thought he was just kidding too, but then he punched me in the face." I was very confused, but I believed him because I know Cory does have the ability to make my dad upset at times, but my dad has never reacted with violence. Just about this time, my dad walks in the room. I yelled, "You did this to him? Really? I'm calling the cops or something...this is crazy." My dad and my brother both just started laughing. I said, "Man! You guys got me good." So no, my dad didn't punch my brother, much to my relief.

So you want to know what really happened? Cory was at baseball practice that day and he was bunting the ball. The ball went off the bat and hit his eye, resulting in the nasty eye seen above.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol - that is so funny! and the babies are so cute. how amazing that your college roomates have 4 kids now! you should be a proud aunt...only not related. loved reading these! ~ katy