Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Boys will be boys...

So, last night my brother was playing baseball in Canton. He was in the batters box and a line drive hit him in the temple. He sat down for a minute and his coach asked if he was ok. He said he was fine and could play. This was in one of the early innings. They usually play 7 innings, but they were tied after 7, so they ended up playing 9 innings. Cory finished the game out though and played, saying the whole time he was fine. In the car on the way home, he tells my dad, "I think I might need to get looked at. I'm having muffled hearing and I have a bad headache." He also admitted that he was hurting bad the whole time after this happened, but in his words, "wasn't going to let them put a stupid freshman in for him." My dad calls my mom, and they decided to bring him to the ER. Cory's doctor met them up there. They found out he had a minor hairline fracture on his skull and was bleeding a little on his brain. They did a catscan and said they didn't think it was major, but wanted to admit him and watch him for the night because there was a lot of liquid in his ears. So my brother was in the hospital all night. He should get released sometime this morning. He had another catscan this morning, and I don't know the results yet.

Lesson to learn here: Don't be stupid. Head injuries are serious.

No comments: