Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Just when I lost all faith in guys...

If you were around me yesterday, you might have noticed I was a little short with people. (No, I'm not referring to my stature, but my attitude.) I blame this mostly on the fact that I was with a 2 yr. old most of Sunday, and when that was over, I went home and stayed up too late. I do want to apologize if you happened to be in my 'path of rage' (well, rage might be too harsh a word). I'm not sure why I reacted the way I did, but yesterday when I was given a sarcastic remark to an answer I gave, I snapped back saying this person was being mean. (This was after he had just told me how nice I looked...man I'm a jerk!) Of course this guy knows I'm talking about him, but I'll leave his name out for his own privacy. On any other day, I would have gone with the punches and joked around, but this wasn't a typical Jenn day. The guy ended up leaving the office, out of necessity, not because of me, but I think he was glad to leave my attitude behind, with good reason. The sad part was, instead of being remorseful, I was just glad he was gone. This isn't a side of me that I really like, but I guess it needed to be exposed to others for me to truly try and change it. Later that afternoon, this guy returned to the office but I wasn't really in the mood to reconcile things, so I didn't say anything. Another co-worker walked in to ask me about something about my boss (that was a sore subject) and I got upset that this was being brought up again. He sort of smirked, and said, "I'm sorry-that was the wrong thing to bring up. I'm just supposed to be distracting you." About that time I noticed a string of paperclips with a rose attached to the end being dropped over my 'wall'. Along with it was a nice note from the guy I was rude to, apologizing for hurting my feelings. Wow-that's all I can say because it was me needing to say sorry, surely not him, but I just want to say thanks again because you are one great guy and I'm really lucky to get to work with such a good person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so sweet.