Thursday, February 09, 2006

Where do I begin?

Well, I have tons of pictures from Sapporo that I want to put up here. I've decided to break the trip up into several posts. I'll try and make it as organized as possible, so just bear with me.

For this first post, I'll put up pictures of the snow and ice sculptures, since we did go for the Snow Festival, after all.

An ice sculpture with fish in it


This one is made with snow. I have no idea what building it's a replica of...sorry




Here's Aslan on the Chronicles of Narnia sculpture


Narnia written in Katakana (Japanese symbols for foreign words)--I can totally read this


This is a Japanese pro-golfer. Haven't you always wanted to see your face made of snow?


Fun facts

Working days=27; Loads of snow=800 truck loads; # of people who worked on it=3,600 men
Crazy, huh?

Another ice sculpture advertising Bailey's Irish Creme


Some guys working on ice sculptures




Me with some random sculpture


Snoopy


The Narnia sculpture at night


Ok, you've seen enough of these, haven't you? I went overboard, huh? Sorry-I never know when to stop. It's like I start putting up pictures then I can't control myself. It's too hard to pick just a few...really, I'm sorry. But I can't promise it will get better.
Coming Soon--More pictures from Sapporo! Get excited...I promise it gets better (that actually depends completely on your definition of 'better').

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK stop apologizing for too many pics. There are never too many pics in my opinion. Those sculptures are increadible. I'm with Britt, jealous. Oh, are those real fish just frozen in there? It looked cool. Keep up the good posts!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the postcard! The sculptures are cool! (no pun intended.) Anyways, I agree with Katy, never too many pictures. Since some have confessed to you about only looking at the pictures, the more the merrier!