Thursday, February 16, 2006

My students

On Valentine's day I got to teach an elective class and do whatever I wanted. Since it was the 14th, I knew I had it easy, because I could just teach them about Valentine's day in America. I told them how we decorate shoeboxes in elementary school and give everyone in the class cards. (Thanks Rach--I used the ones you sent me as examples!)

Here's the box I decorated


After that, they made Valentine cards.

Here is the one I made as an example...gosh, isn't it beautiful? (I'm totally kidding.)


Now, since the boys in Japan don't normally make or do anything for Valentine's day, this was pretty funny. The boys asked me if they could make cards for White Day, and I said sure. I didn't really care--I was just glad they actually wanted to make anything.

Now, get ready for picture overload. Here are my students hard at work...











And here are some of the finished products...





Some of them didn't finish. Here is one boy that was working so hard--it was adorable. He was cutting out every letter.



Just a few fun pictures





All in all, they had a good time and so did I. I'm going to miss this school...

No comments: