Monday, March 07, 2005

Soccer, part 2 and some other stuff...

Yesterday Chelle and I decided to go back and play soccer again with the guys at Pollard Park. Granted we weren't very good last week, we had fun and it was worth experiencing again. We managed to talk Megan into going this week so we had 3 girls who had no soccer experience. I'm sure all the guys appreciated this! There were several guys that weren't there the week before so we met a lot of new people. Michelle and I played paper/rock/scissors and I lost, so that meant I had to go play with all boys again. Her and Megan got to be on Aubrey's team, but since Aubrey spent most of his time talking to me while I was playing goalie (I did learn a rule: Aubrey was offsides when he was back talking to me...ha), it seemed like he was on my team half the time. It was pretty funny because we'd be in a conversation and the ball would be headed our way, so he'd stop talking, go play, then come back once my team got the ball. Now when we first divided up into teams, Kevin was sort of our 'coach' of some sort. He was assigning positions to everyone. I was thinking, 'What's this? Positions?' Last week all we did was run around! After he assigned positions, he said, 'Ok guys, we're skins.' All my teammates proceed to take off their shirts as I'm standing there. Not that I minded some of them taking off their shirts (some I could have lived without seeing their hairy backs). I looked at Kevin and said, "I'm not taking my shirt off!" He laughed and said, "We didn't expect you too!" Yeah, so that was settled...ha. Anyway, Carlos was on my team, a guy I know from work, so that was fun playing with him. Some of the guys from last week were back so it was good to see them all again. Claudio said to me, "Hey, you guys came back. Good!" I wasn't real sure if the guys minded us being there, so it was nice for them to say they liked us being there. Megan had a good time too so that was great. I think she'll come back again too. Before the guys know it, all us girls will just take over! Then maybe Aubrey will let us play with a pink ball like I requested. (-:

After soccer we went to Alley and Sarah's house for bible study. Sarah was nice enough to give us a turkey sandwich. We sure needed it after using all our energy in soccer. I also had some avocado dip, but don't tell my mom because I claim to hate avocados. During bible study I was thinking, 'What is that smell?', then I realized it was my sweat. Oh well...hope Clint didn't mind sitting by me on the couch.

On Saturday I had a meeting with Kazue along with Megan and Lauren (the other 2 girls going to Japan). It was really good to get some of the detail information since so much of the things I had been told up to this point seemed pretty vague. We had lunch at Willowbrook Country Club which is really nice. After eating we talked a lot about Japan, and some of the big differences that we'll encounter there. I left knowing a lot more, so that was good.

After the Japan meeting, my cousin Michelle had a baby shower. Her best friend Renee had planned some games for the shower, so first we had to guess how many inches around Michelle's belly was. I'm like the worst person ever to guess the size of anything. I guessed 55 inches. That's just absurd because my cousin is like a size zero when she's not pregnant. She measured in at 38 1/2 inches...yeah, I was really off. After that we played a version of 'pin the tail on the donkey' called 'put the passy on the baby'. Yeah, that was stupid. Anyhow, I got some cake and talked to some folks so it was alright.

That evening we celebrated my brother's 17th birthday. It was his choice, so he decided he wanted to go to Chili's. For his birthday my sister and I got him a device that would allow his iPod to play through his radio. He asked for it so we knew he'd like it. I wrapped the present with pictures of girls in bikini's. What a nice sister I am, huh? I ordered the grilled caribbean salad because it sounded really great. I ended up only eating one bite of it because I was full from chips and salsa. Oh well...it will be good when I eat it for lunch today hopefully. That night I went to Chelle's and we watched part of 'Open Range' then went to Starbucks. Yeah, so that was basically my weekend...Oh, and I did find out I'm for sure going to Snowmass, Colorado for spring break. I'm leaving on the 12th and returning on the 20th, so I'll try and give a report on that trip soon after I get back, but don't get your hopes up...you all know how long it is taking me to write about the NY trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man I'm so glad you finally blogged. I've missed hearing about your exciting life this week. I'm impressed with you girls playing soccer. I hope you will get a pink ball someday. So when is Michelle due and how far along is she? I'm not so sure 38 inches is enough! Thats pretty little. Boy or girl? Well I have to return to Microbio study. It was a nice break reading your blog.