Tuesday, March 01, 2005

She’s gonna be a soccer player…

For the past month and a half, Aubrey has asked Chelle and me to come play soccer on Sunday afternoons. We usually come up with a half-hearted excuse, mainly because we’re no good at soccer. Aubrey, along with most of the other guys, have played soccer all their lives, while mine and Michelle’s experience is limited to playing when we were 5 and only played then for the CapriSun at the end of the game. Well, we decided to stop arguing and give it a try yesterday. We headed up to Pollard Park at 3:30 to ‘get our game on.’ Aubrey assured us there would be other girls there. What we didn’t know was that meant one girl—and she was good. Luckily the guys didn’t take the game too seriously. I ended up playing goalie (insert laugh here) and along with that game some bruises on my leg. Aubrey had again assured me that since I was in the goal, the guys wouldn’t take any hard shots at me. Yeah, right! One guy took a pretty hard shot at me, but it was deflected by the goal. My teammate quickly defended me by saying, “Man, don’t hurt her! Quit taking it so seriously.” What a nice guy! I figure the bruises are all part of the game, right? The guys were actually all really nice though and we had a great time. They even invited us to play indoor on Thursday with them. We’ll go back on Sunday again for sure…and we’ll bring CapriSun too.

No comments: