Monday, January 23, 2006

Young Life Conference

On Saturday we went to a YL conference at Misaki church. We had to catch the train at 7 that morning, so I was up by 6...on a Saturday...blah. Anyway, Liz IMed me that morning to let me know it was snowing. I looked outside and saw this:



Of course I was super excited, and almost sad that we weren't going to be home all day to enjoy it. I figured it would stop by mid-morning and melt like the last snow a few weeks ago. Well, it ended up snowing all day. It was even snowing at Misaki church, which is about a 2 hour train ride from the apartment.

Random pictures from the conference

Daisuke leading worship


Here is Shinsuke playing the keyboard. When I we first got to the church that morning, Liz said something to me about Shinsuke's hair being long. I looked around and said, "Where is Shinsuke?" Umm yeah--I didn't even recognize him because his hair had gotten so long. I'm a dork.


They were referred to as the 'Suke band'...of course, that's probably not funny to anyone but those of us that were there...oh well.

Joshua and Jerri


We got bored in the afternoon, so we proceeded to put our nametags on Shinsuke's back without him noticing. Then we proceeded to take pictures, all without him noticing.


Joshua looking adorable--as always


Shinsuke eating a twizzler which we forced him to eat. (We haven't met any Japanese people so far that like Twizzlers.)


After the conference we all went to dinner together. So of course I have more pictures...sorry this is mostly a picture post, but many of you have openly admitted you only look at my pictures anyway. (shame on you)

Ayumi and me...she's not sad, she just insist on making sad faces for the camera


Lauren, Ayumi(actually smiling), and me


Ayumi, Yuya, and Shota


Bong--I love her!


Justice trying to avoid Ayumi who was taking his picture


And of course when you give a 6 year old your camera, you're going to end up with pictures like this...


After dinner, Kazu, a guy we met, offered to drive us home instead of us taking the train. We never turn down a car ride so of course we agreed. Well, what is usually about a 1 1/2 hour drive turned into a 5 hour drive because of all the snow and roads being closed. It was crazy. We left at 9 and didn't get home until 2...so, we all decided to sleep instead of getting up for church. We needed a lazy day after our long day and extra long car ride.

No comments: