Thursday, January 19, 2006

Japanese snacks are, umm, interesting...

Once a month all the English teachers that work for our city get together for training. Yesterday was the day for this month. I got to see some of the teachers I worked with at my old school, so that was fun. Mrs. Matsuda gave me some snacks with a note that said "Happy New Year"



I took one look at this sack of 'treats' and said "Kore wa nan des ka?" (What's that?) I mean, I'm all for trying new stuff, but these looked DISGUSTING.
Sure enough, when we opened the sack at my apartment, our suspicions were proved true. It looked like poop. Lauren proceeded to place some of them on the floor so we could get the full effect.



Now, they really didn't taste THAT bad, but come on people--why does it have to look so gross?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yuck!~kt