Sunday, January 15, 2006

Today was a 10...for sure

First of all, the sun was shining and that made me smile. I love the sun. I can't wait until it's really spring, but unfortunately we still have a couple months of winter here. Today was just a fluke. I was told not to get used to the warm weather just yet.

Church this morning was really great. I really just love all the people there and I couldn't have asked to be around nicer people. After church this morning a lady came up to me and asked 'Nihon go wakarimasu ka?' (Do you understand Japanese?) I sort of laughed and said, "Umm, no" Then she said, "Ego only?" (English only?) I said, "Well, Nihon go skoshi." (Basically, I understand a little Japanese) She then proceeded to ask me questions in Japanese AND I actually understood her. With my broken Japanese I was even able to answer her questions. I was on cloud nine. I couldn't believe I actually had a conversation in Japanese, even if my Japanese was really sloppy, she understood me so that was great. So-now I'm totally ready to get serious about my Japanese. Maybe that was just the push I needed to get serious about studying.

This afternoon Lauren and I sat in the courtyard and read since the sun was out and it was so beautiful. However, after about 30 minutes, the sun went away and we went inside to make something warm to drink. When we came back out, Liz was getting home and she was about to walk down to the Korean church so we tagged along. Everyone down there was so sweet. I'm excited to get to know them better since we will be using their building for bible study. They also need some help with teaching English, so I might help with that.

We met Yuya for dinner at Mos Burger. We were there for several hours, so of course the conversation got interesting. We prodded him with questions about Valentine's day in Japan, because it is VERY different here. I will write about it when I get a chance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such a great day, Jenn!

KS

Anonymous said...

Miss you, but glad you are so happy. Love, Mom