Sunday, January 29, 2006

Never a dull moment...

Saturday night we went to Brett and Bong's house for Young Life. We always have a good time there, but this time was probably the best ever. There were just so many people there and we had a blast. Brett had given his university students an extra credit assignment to interview a native English speaker. Many of his students came because they wanted the extra credit which would raise their last test grade. It was really fun answering all their questions and trying to communicate with them.

After dinner, we sang a few songs, and then it was time for a game. The games at Young Life are never normal and never boring. Lauren and I were sitting there minding our own business when all of a sudden Brett 'volunteered' both of us to play the game. He said it was because he needed girls, and there are usually not many girls there other than us American girls. So, we get up there having no idea what to expect. He tells us to pick a guy out to be our partner. I picked this guy Manabu, who had interviewed me for his extra credit earlier. Little did I know that minutes later I would be rubbing shaving cream on his chest.



Lauren seemed to be enjoying this part a little too much...haha



After we had properly lathered the guy's chests, they were told to line up and we had to get on our knees about 8 feet from them. We (the girls) were then given a bag of chips that reminded me of cheeto balls. We were told we had one minute to get as many of them as possible to stick to the shaving cream.



In the end, Manabu and I got 2nd place with 16. The winner had over 20.



After all that excitement, we sang a few more songs.

Shinsuke and Daisuke--a.k.a The Suke brothers


Later some of the guys did a skit.
(from l to r) Brett, Daisuke, Shinsuke, and Dave


Here is what happens when you give someone else your camera.

That's Maury and he's a pretty cool surfer dude.

After everything was over we all hung out and talked to some of Brett's students. They all wanted pictures with Lauren, Liz and I. We were quite the celebrities. At one point the 3 of us were standing there for a picture and there were at least 4 cameras on us. Bong was laughing at us.

Later on, Shinsuke was playing guitar so I told him to play the song from "A Walk to Remember". (He had played it for us before and we thought it was funny that he knew it.) He handed me the guitar and told me to play something instead. I told him I would if he would play the walk to remember song for us after that. He reluctantly agreed so I took the guitar to fulfill my part of the bargain. At first I was just messing around not really playing anything, then Lauren got my camera to take pictures as Shinsuke and I pretended to be a band.



Now the reason that picture is really funny is because Shinsuke is pretending to play the flute--but that is not a flute. It's a folded up music stand. Oh, and he's holding it completely wrong. (Lauren showed him later how to hold it correctly since she was a former flute player.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, yeah, shaving cream on guys' chests? you're defintely having a little TOO much fun over there. enjoy! = )

Anonymous said...

Do these pictures remind anyone else of MTV Spring Break? :-p