Saturday, January 14, 2006

Mexico Dec. 26-30

So, I guess since I'm just doing laundry, I will update you guys on Mexico.
I left the day after Christmas and was there for 5 days. I had a good time playing with kids and spending time with my mom too. There were a few funny times when I spoke Japanese to the Mexican people. It was great.

We did VBS for 3 days in Acuna, Mexico. You guys know I love kids, so I had a blast.
This is Omar.



He's 13 and didn't leave my side the entire day he was there. Of course we couldn't really communicate, but we kept finding Angel, a translator, to help us out. Omar told me that he was jealous that I lived in the states and that he wants to go there someday. He said he wants to get out of Mexico like his uncle. I wish I could have just taken him back with us, but then again I know that's not really the solution. Since we couldn't really talk, we spent about an hour just kicking a soccer ball back and forth. Sometimes I think things like that don't really matter, but at that time, I think it was exactly what I needed to be doing.

This is Omar's cousin.


She did not understand why I couldn't understand Spanish. She kept trying to talk to me, and Omar kept telling her I couldn't understand. Then she proceeded to yell Spanish in my ear, thinking that if she spoke just a little louder I would understand her. It was adorable. I really loved those kids.

Here are some boys that were there all 3 days.



The short one in the front was great and had the best smile. He came in his cowboy boots everyday and played soccer.

Here are a few more pictures from the week.

The boys...


Pinata time


The cutest little boy EVER

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to see their faces and know what they were thinking as you spoke Japanese!

KS

Anonymous said...

Although we didn't get to spend a lot of time together this week, I know God wanted us there. Love you. Mom