Tuesday, January 11, 2005

It's a very mad world...

"I'm not sure it really is in our nature to be with someone for the rest of our lives just because you made this pact. You keep going as long as you keep growing. When that dies, we do."-Brad Pitt

It's so sad how marriage is viewed these days. Why is it that people grow apart instead of together? I surely hope that if or when I decide to commit myself to another person that we will both value that commitment. I can't stand the thought of divorce, no matter how common it may be in this world. I know there are always circumstances that can make this the only solution, but it seems that for the most part, a lot of people don't try to make it work. Instead they decide that they've "grown apart" or have "irreconcilable differences". That's all I'll say on this because I'm obviously no expert being that I've never been married, but I just felt compelled to say my own thoughts on this.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well that is just profound! Maybe you should be a marraige counselor ;)~ K