Wednesday, January 19, 2005

It is the end of post office lines...

Well, the day didn't start off too great, but I've realized that worrying about things I can't fix doesn't help at all. My car is very messed up again-frustrating. I hate car trouble because I can't fix it myself. I like to think I'm pretty self-reliant (apart from the whole trusting God thing), so when I can't do something myself, I feel defeated. Despite this, my day did go on. I drove my dad's car to work, after dropping him off. That meant that I didn't get to go to the gym this morning, but I'll feel better if I get to run tonight. I went to the post office on my lunch break. The line was very long, so I'm very thankful for the new automated postal machine that allows people to send their own packages. It is very easy to use, and I don't know why more people waiting in line didn't try it out. I actually overheard people in line complaining about the slow workers. They should have followed my example. I didn't have to speak to a single employee of the post office to get my package sent. Now that's the kind of thing I could get used to. Trust people to do their own stuff, so when it is done wrong, it's no ones fault but their own. You can't get mad at the post office when you weighed and shipped your own package. Ok, enough about the post office. I got a surprise this afternoon from Chelle. She brought me a Frappuccino® from Starbucks. It was great-yummy even. So the day is almost over and I still haven't written a post about New York, but I will try and work on that tomorrow in my spare time. I promise it is forthcoming, Katy.

(On a side note, when I was spell checking this entry, it suggested I replace "Chelle" with "chilly". Funny, huh? Maybe that will catch on as her new nickname. What do you say Chelle?)

:-)

No comments: