Monday, December 06, 2004

My weekend, for Katy, b/c I think she's the only one that reads this...

Friday night went to dinner w/my parents, then hung out w/George. There were also many other people there, most of them 6-7 yrs. younger than me. Made the most of it-had a good time. After all the young folks left to TP a house, George and I tried to figure out why the disk wouldn't open on the computer. Ended up going to my office where the files finally opened and George wanted to kiss me because this worked. Don't worry, we didn't (-: After all that, I went home and slept.
Saturday I tried to sleep in, but woke up at 9. Dad brought me breakfast in exchange for my help with raking the yard. After that, watched a show on E! about the young royals. Got ready and went to Barnes & Noble so I could pay full price for some books I didn't have the patience to wait on if I had ordered them online. Went to Starbucks, with the plan of spending most of my afternoon here reading one of my new books. It was crowded so I sat outside, but it was nice. Also tried to call my sister but as usual she was too busy to talk to me. I should be thankful for the 41 seconds she gave me, right? Actually, we've talked about this now and everything is fine. I'm not the type to hold a grudge. After I left Starbucks I decided to stop at Hastings. Well, here is my one exciting/scary moment of the weekend: I pulled in the parking lot and saw a great spot. No other cars around that I could see, so I head toward it. As I'm pulling in, I see a car (purple grand am) in my peripheral vision that I had just pulled in front of. Oops-common mistake, right? Well, it wasn't to this lady. (I also want you to know that there was another spot right next to the one I got, so I wasn't leaving her without a spot.) She sat and waited on me to get out of my car. I didn't move. After 2 long minutes, she started driving off so I got out. Well, she circled around, rolled her window down, and yelled this: "Hey, you need to watch out pulling in front of people. You could get hit, OR SHOT!" Yes, she said I could get shot. Who shoots people for this? This lady obviously needs a course in Anger Management. The worst part was her son, probably 8 yrs. old, was in the car. What a great example for your child. Anyway, after that, I went home, walked the dog, and got ready for the evening. I was going to hear a Christmas program with the East Texas Symphony Orchestra and Green Acres Celebration Choir. It was good-went w/my mom, grandmother, 2 aunts, 1 uncle, and one aunt's boyfriend. Well, I'm for sure the only silly person in the group, so I had no one to make my ridiculous comments to. I did manage to count the choir members-there were 312. I don't know why I do this. I give myself little assignments, not because I'm bored, but maybe because I have A.D.D. (If you want to see a very serious-and funny-case about such "assignments", read chapter 2 of David Sedaris' book Naked) Anyhow, the evening was enjoyed, even if I was mostly entertaining myself. I ran into a few old friends there too, so it was fun. I went home after this and watched Spiderman 2, since I've wanted to and none of my friends ever do. Sunday, I went to church, found out our church is closing down at the end of the year. Yeah, bad news, but God will take care of me and maybe it gives me a good reason to really look into moving, since one of the main reasons I was staying here is because I loved Woodgate so much. I spent the afternoon/evening with Chelle since we hadn't seen each other all weekend. I skimmed about 10 books about New York so i could get some information for our trip coming up (22 days) and enjoyed my peppermint Mocha. After that, we made dinner, if you call grilled cheese and tomato soup dinner, and called it a night. I mean, I did have to get up this morning and work out since I promised Shani that I wouldn't quit on him.
Well Katy, thanks for thinking my life is interesting. I'll try and keep it up!
Oh, and for closing, I'll tell you my new favorite bumper sticker: "My black lab is smarter than your honor student"

No comments: