Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I love my sister

So I went home on my lunch break and checked the mail. The only reason for this is because I'm impatient, and have been waiting on a book to arrive. Well, still no book, but I did have a Christmas card from my sister. On the outside of the card it said "You might want to sit down...This could possibly be the best Christmas car you ever receive!" So what do I do? Well, I don't know if it's a self-torture thing with me or what, but I set it aside deciding that I wanted to wait to open it. (I've always done this--I tend to hoard things, not sure why) I have no idea why I did this. Anyway, about 20 minutes later I did open it, and it was quite wonderful, so thank you Lucas. (-; (Oh, and I'm so sure my sister wanted me to share with all of you her nickname that I gave her when we were little...haha) Oh, what'd you say? You want to know why I called my sister Lucas? I thought you'd never ask! Well, actually, it's a mean story. I called her this because I told her she looked like a boy. Ok, so now you know I was actually a big jerk as a child. (If you think I still am, I don't want to hear it.) Anyway, today has been great because all I've done is listen to music and pretend to work while reading and writing in my blog. I do have to go to a meeting soon, and I have a feeling it will be pretty heated. What fun, eh? I also got to go down memory lane for a few minutes because I saw Dr. Brooks, an old science teacher from Ouachita. He actually works at ETBU now and was here visiting my co-worker. So that was fun-I love seeing old faces. (Not saying he's old, just people I don't see anymore) Ok, so this post wins for the most parentheses. Hope you all have a great day and I'll see many of you soon! (And if I'm not going to see you soon, I say it's your fault.)

P.S. Please leave me comments. I need them--Thanks! :-)
P.P.S. My favorite line(s) from Lindsey's Christmas card: "Each card I send is a blessing for whoever receives it! And no I don't struggle with humility-I'm pretty much the most humble person I know!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did she really say that? Like she wrote that? wow! well i'm off to try to finish up my studying so i can pack and get ready to come home. great blog. love the picture, especially the chapstick. i can totally relate with that one. bye! ~ KATY