Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Same old jokes and Thanksgiving memories

As I'm sitting here at my desk, drinking from my green nalgene bottle, I can't help but wonder if that guy thinks he's funny. Ok, so you ask, "what guy"? or maybe you think, "jenn needs help." Either way, I'll tell you about the guy. There is a guy in my office, and everytime he sees my green nalgene bottle, he tells me of how it looks like I'm drinking urine and that it reminds him of a bottle he had to use in the hospital. Yes, I'll admit the first time he said this, I sort of laughed, mostly to amuse him, but after the 20th time, it has gotten very old. Now I know, I'm pretty jaded anyway and usually find some way to be cynical about a situation, but come on...get a new joke! And if you don't have anything to say, then just don't say it. You aren't obligated to speak to me just because I walk to the water cooler to fill up my nalgene. Ok, there is my one rant for the day. I'm sure I'll have more, but I won't be at the computer so you're lucky you won't have to hear it.
This is a good week though...It's the week of Thanksgiving. I can think of many things I'm thankful for and for your enjoyment, I'll make a list:
  1. My family, including but not limited to: Dad, Mom, Lindsey, Cory, Ine (foreign exchange student) and of course Annabelle (just because she's a dog, doesn't mean she isn't family) Maybe I should feel bad for leaving Franklin and Mary Jane, the other pets, off this list, but I don't think they'll be reading it.
  2. My friends--especially Michelle and Jessica. I'm very glad Jessica is getting to spend the week here since she's living so far away now. And just because I didn't list your name here, doesn't mean I don't love you deeply and truly value our friendship .
  3. Getting off work at noon on Wednesday-This is a very good thing. I'm very glad educational institutions close down for major holidays.
  4. My uneaten orange sitting on my desk. You may wonder why I'm thankful for this, but I'm sort of hungry so I'm glad I have it.
  5. And I've saved the best for last: My beautiful Savior, Jesus Christ. He continues to renew me daily and is always forgiving for my many faults. I know that without Him I am nothing and for this I am very grateful.

Obviously there are many things left off this list, but those are just a few that I felt like highlighting today.

I am looking forward to the week off though. My sister will be home tomorrow and her boyfriend is coming in on the weekend. That will be fun. For Thanksgiving day my mom's family will all be at our house. There will be about 30 of us, and I'll be at the kids table even though I'm 25. Last thanksgiving my sister and I sat in her room and ate while watching TV. My uncle came in and asked "What are you guys watching"? to which we both replied in unison "Pimp my Ride". Sadly, this is my only recollection of my Thanksgiving of 2003.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving this year, and I hope you don't find yourself watching Pimp my Ride, but instead enjoying a stroll around the block with family and friends. Oh, or playing poker, because we've decided that is going to be a new Thanksgiving tradition thanks to Michelle. She's always got good ideas.


1 comment:

Stephen said...

half days are the best .. but days off are far better.