Saturday, November 27, 2004

Bear Trail afterthoughts

Tonight as I was in Waco, I was walking my dog on the Bear Trail. If you're not familiar, this is a trail that goes around Baylor's campus. My dog had just been in the car for 2 hours, so I figured she needed to stretch her legs and probably take care of other business. So off we went...I realized that I'm thankful for something else today. I hope it's ok that it's a day after Thanksgiving. While we were walking, we came upon another girl with her dog. As our dogs approached each other, they did what every dog does--put their noses right in each others butts. That's the moment I realized that I'm thankful God doesn't have such a big sense of humor that he thought it'd be funny to make humans do this to in order to "get to know each other". So there you have it...Everyone can come up with AT LEAST one thing a day they're thankful for. I just did and it wasn't even that hard. We also went past a lady that was sweating profusely. I wish I had that kind of stamina. She asked me when I was going back to school. Now, I could have said, "how did you know I was even thinking about going back"? But, I know she just assumed I was a Baylor student. I figured it was easier to just tell her when, instead of explaining that I wasn't a student and actually just here with my sister for the night. Anyhow, she said, "I think you might be the only one here." and then she went on running. Made me wonder if she was going to double back and kill me, but that was just a fleeting thought. Hope everyone had an excellent Thanksgiving. I'm out to enjoy the metropolis of Waco, Texas.

No comments: