Wednesday, November 24, 2004

44 degrees and I'm loving it

Man, I couldn't ask for better weather. I love the cold weather. Of course some people wouldn't call 44 degrees cold, but hey, I'm in Texas and this is good for us. I'm really not properly dressed for this new weather change though. I'm wearing my beach-walkers as Zelda, my secretary, calls them (flip flops, if you didn't figure it out) but I just can't get out of that habit. I would go barefoot if they'd let me. Oh, and who is shocked I have a secretary? Yeah, me too. I don't have to file anything if I don't want to. Oh, but she's really great and so are the student workers in our office too. I'm only working for about another 20 minutes so that's really nice. I went out walking on campus earlier because I had to help a guy in the student mailroom, but I was glad because it gave me an excuse to enjoy the outdoors. It's so weird to walk out on campus with no students. I think I would be depressed if I was here everyday with it this dead. I did stop by the admissions office though and visit Stephanie and B-rad. Of course Brad called me an idiot, but I'm sure he didn't mean it. :-P
When I get off work I get to go help Chelle move her stuff out of her apartment. My brother is going so I plan on making him carry the heavy stuff. He's going to make a great husband one day because my sister and I have trained him well. His future wife better appreciate it!!
Well, it's almost time to get off so I'll just leave you with a tip for Thanksgiving on behalf of good 'ole Jack Handy:
If you're at Thanksgiving dinner, but you don't like the stuffing or the cranberry sauce or anything else, just pretend like you're eating it, but instead, put it all in your lap and form it into a big mushy ball. Then, later, when you're out back having cigars with the boys, let out a big fake cough and throw the ball to the ground. Then say, "Boy, these are good cigars!"

No comments: