Thursday, March 08, 2007

How I spell classy...

When I was leaving school today on my bike, I heard someone yell, "Hey baby!" I'm pretty sure it was the first time that has ever happened to me in Japan. I just laughed, but I didn't look in the direction of the yelling, mainly because that would have required me to look backwards, which isn't an easy task when riding on a narrow sidewalk.
In general, Japanese people don't yell at complete strangers. This led me to conclude that it had to be a baka gaijin (crazy foreigner). Another clue that it was a foreigner: They said it clearly, without a Japanese accent. I'm so glad that this is the kind of person representing the American people in Japan.

In an unrelated event, someone said this to me today: "I hate you. Call me."
(Yeah, you know who you are--and of course I'll call you!)

Today was a good day.

No comments: