Sunday, August 14, 2005

Surf Camp-part 1

We were at Ichimatsu beach this week, Tuesday-Thursday. We had a lot of fun. It was a Young Life Camp so we met a lot of people that work with youth in Japan. We also got to surf. Of course, we just had coaching, and it's not like you learn to surf in one day, but we had fun trying. I'll post more about that (with pictures) later though, because those pictures are on Liz's camera. There was a group here from Arizona helping with the camp so it was nice to speak English at a normal pace. Most of the Japanese that know English, need us to speak slowly, so it was nice to not have to worry about being lost in translation with those guys. One of the guys in the group reminded me so much of Cory (my brother) that it was scary. It was nice to have a reminder of him around though.
Here is me with Cory's clone-a.k.a. Jeremy (and yes, he does have his mouth full of food):

When I was at church Sunday, the people from Arizona were there too and were doing games and stuff after church so we stuck around. We did a relay and I was on a team of about 8 people, one of which was Jeremy. For my part of the relay, I had to chug a coke. I really didn't think I would do very well, but I was going to try my best for the team, because none of the Japanese people wanted to do it, and Jeremy was already doing 20 push ups, which I wasn't about to do. Anyhow, I actually managed to pull it off and do ok. When it was all over, Jeremy said to me, "You chug coke like I've never seen a woman chug coke before. That was awesome." So apparently I've found my new talent. Anyhow, you can see how Jeremy reminded me of Cory. Here are a few other pictures from the time at the beach:

Me, Lauren, Liz and Takashi


Surf Coaching


Lauren, Yuya, Liz, and me at dinner


Elijah, Jeremy, and Dan looking VERY cool


Lauren, Dan, Elijah, and me


Dan, Elijah, and Jeremy at the bonfire on the beach


Ok, I've overloaded you guys with pictures for now. When I get the rest of the pictures from us actually surfing, I'll write more.

No comments: