Monday, August 29, 2005

I started drifting round the part about me acting my age...

Lauren and I are so proud of ourselves. We were able to go buy tickets to a concert all by ourselves—no Japanese help. Oh yes…
(Ok, we did have to get directions to the place, but come on-that’s to be expected.)

So-now the real exciting news though…We’re going to see Ben Folds in Tokyo. You have no idea how overwhelmed with glee I became when I found out he would be here. For the past few weeks, I had a one track mind. I had to get my hands on some tickets. First, I called the number that was posted for info on the concert. Of course, they only spoke Japanese…I don’t know why I thought they’d know English—wishful thinking maybe. So, I got Amy (another teacher) to call for me and find out what we had to do in order to get tickets. The lady wasn’t real helpful, but told us a place to go in Tsudanuma, so that’s where Lauren and I went on Saturday. We got there and soon realized that the building we had been directed to was 6 stories…oops. Well, we went in and just asked someone where the ticket pia was located. We got directions, and by directions, I mean the lady pointed down. We rode the escalator down and walked around until we saw an information desk. I asked the lady, “ticket pia?” and she nodded her head yes. SUPER…this was it. So, I said “Ben Folds tickets?” She said “hai” (which means yes in Japanese). We managed to show her exactly what date we wanted by pointing to the concert advertisement we had brought along with us. We filled out the paperwork then got the tickets. So yes, I’m really excited and on September 30th, I will be one happy girl.



What? You want a closer look?? Ok…


Yeah, so now you know what a ticket to Ben folds looks like in Japanese...

p.s. I realize that some of you that read this have no idea who Ben Folds is, but it’s ok. Just read this and know that Jenn is very happy!

1 comment:

tbak7 said...

oh my gosh!! Yea Ben Folds!! Just kiddin- I have no idea who he is, but I am glad you are havin fun. Hey do you have a xanga account? please visit my blogs there and comment on mine. my username is tbak7. you can create your own page and stuff. I guess you know that rach is prego again right?
miss you and love.
Traci
ps-i am in denver right now without my kids!! yeah!