Friday, June 10, 2005

My bad...

Thursday morning I was asleep in dream land. I was dreaming that I woke up late for work. I looked at my cell phone (in the dream) to see the time and it was 7:58 am. I was like, "crap!" and I started to call Zelda to let her know I'd be late. About this time in the dream, my phone really rang. I jumped up and answered the phone and it was Zelda asking if I was ok. I asked, "What time is it??" and she said, "8:40 am". So yeah, I was dreaming that I overslept for work, and I really did.

Last night Michelle and I were shopping for our dinner party last night. We had the menu set so we headed off to Brookshire's to get the food. We had everything on our list except Mango Sorbet. We went to the frozen section and looked for it. We found the sorbet, but unfortunately there was only Strawberry and Lemon. We didn't know what to do. We just stood there for a good 5 minutes deliberating. When we had almost given up, Michelle noticed that there was a place for Mango Sorbet, they were just out of it. We were so excited! A manager walked by and we asked him to check in the back to see if there was more. He came back empty handed, but we didn't lose hope. We decided to check at another Brookshire's since we knew they carried the product now. First we brought our groceries to the house, then went to my parent's house to look for dishes we could use. After we finished there, we headed to another Brookshire's. Alas, they were out of Mango Sorbet too. We decided to try one last Brookshire's before trying a different store. At this point, it was 10:45 pm and they were closing at 11:00 pm so we had to hurry. We go in the store and head down the ice cream aisle. Michelle spotted it from afar. "There it is!" she proclaimed. There was a guy stocking things nearby and he looked at us. We explained to him that we had been to 3 Brookshire's looking for Mango Sorbet, so we were a little excited. We got our sorbet and headed back to the house. Now we were ready. Tonight we're having a few people over for our much anticipated dinner party. I'll let you know how it goes later, but for now, we need to focus on not screwing the food up! Oh, and I need to say a major thanks to my mom because without her help, we wouldn't of had table cloths, matching dishes, or an appetizer.

p.s. I heart Tiff Taff!

No comments: