Sunday, April 02, 2006

Brugge...the Venice of the North

Brugge is one of the most famous cities in Belgium because of it's medieval charm. It was really beautiful there. Ine and I had a great time making our 3 1/2 mile walk last 5 hours. (We got side-tracked...)

The Market Place


The Provincial court in the Market Place




Look up


We got lucky and found someone to take our picture.


A monastery for the Benedictine sisters (who still live here now).


Sorry, I forgot who this is...I should have taken notes.


Pictures from our boat ride




More pictures--don't you love it?








Interesting fact about Brugge: There is a church there that claims to have the blood of Christ. Yes, I'm serious. You can read about it here.


Now for a few silly pictures--which is bound to happen when there are statues around.




I was totally laughing, but I was trying to re-create the look on this guy's face.


No comments: