Sunday, June 24, 2007

Don't go breaking my heart

In Japan, karaoke is completely different than at home. At home, you are singing to loads of people that you don't know. In Japan, you have your own room with your friends. That means no embarrassment...unless you put video of it on your blog.

Of course Maureen and I had to do a duet. We would have preferred to sing "At the beginning" by Donna Lewis and Richard Marx, which is the song that inspired this picture:



However, we had to settle for the next best thing.
**Warning: This video could hurt your ears.



Maureen and I never pass up an opportunity to take a picture together. There is always paparazzi (a.k.a. Amanda) around to snap our picture.


One of our many duets throughout the night


We love to ham it up for the camera


I had a hard time not getting really into the songs when I was singing...I mean, I think you should give it all or nothing at all, right?


I wish I could remember what song we had just finished


Miranda fell asleep.


At the end of the evening, I made Maureen feel very special by giving her some incredibly beautiful flowers (read: weeds).


Bonus: I know you don't care, but here is (the most complete) play list of our 5 hour evening at karaoke.
-Don't go breaking my heart
-Lose Yourself
-Mr. Roboto
-If it makes you happy
-Say it ain't so (x2)
-Loser
-That's the way I like it
-My Humps
-Britney Spears Medley (Yes, you read correctly)
-U2 Medley
-You oughta know
-Last Christmas (This was an accidental input, but we still sang it!)
-I just called to say I love you
-Are you happy know
-You're so vain
-Steady as she goes
-Stupid girl
-Californication
-1979
-Somebody told me
-Incomplete
-Purple Rain
-Me & Bobby McGee
-Pieces of Me
-Don't stop believing
-Creep (This was mine and Maureen's unofficial trip song, so we had to do this one)
-Black Star
-I think we're alone now
-Another day in paradise (ahh...good 'ole Phil)
-Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous
-Don't Speak
-Cry me a river
-Bye Bye Bye
-Hero
-I would do anything for love (who can resist Meatloaf?)
-Can't get you out of my head
-It's raining men

Obviously this isn't 5 hours of songs, but we couldn't remember them all...and some of the songs were Japanese songs that I don't know the names of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never thought I would hear anything worse than our duet of Butterfly Kisses in the shower...I was wrong!n That is horrid...