Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Forbidden City

The Forbidden city was the Imperial palace during the Ming and Qing dynasties. It is to the north of Tiananmen Square. Honestly, since I've waited so long to write about this, I can't remember any really spectacular details, so the pictures will have to speak for themselves.









This place was packed when we were there. Every where you turned, there were people. It was nuts at times. So, you can imagine what happened when all of a sudden we were being forced out of the place because some 'big important person' was coming. Lilian, our friend from Taiwan, asked one of the guards what was going on, and he said some president was there, so everyone had to get out. It was the Kyrgyz president, Kurmanbek Bakiev. Kyrgyzstan is making an agreement with China to provide electricity. Thus, we were kicked out. This is how the place looked empty...


I have no idea who that guy is...some Chinese secret service, I suppose.

Here come the soldiers...


I couldn't get anymore pictures because I was being yelled at to stop taking pictures by this guy:


So there you have it...the Forbidden City really was forbidden for us.

No comments: