Saturday, June 03, 2006

It's 10:30 on Saturday morning. I woke up to the sound of weed eaters hungrily chopping down unwanted bits of foliage. I needed to get up anyway. I was having some dreams that seemed very real and I couldn't take much more of it. The strangest one: My grandma was there. She was just hanging out with me and my family. A pretty typical day. A few of my friends were there too. Why is it strange? My grandmother died 10 years ago, so for her to seem so real in a dream now is a little creepy. I woke up expecting her to be in the room with me. That's how real it felt. When I realized it was all a dream, I felt defeated. It's not fair that she gone, but that's life. I wonder if I'll ever stop missing her. If this longing to still see her will ever go away, or at least become dimmer. It hasn't in 10 years and I'm starting to think it never will...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's still just as missed by all of us I think, at least I know I miss her the same as that sad day. :( That's just the AMAZING kind of person she was, she left such a HUGE impact on us all!