Sunday, June 25, 2006

It really is a pretty great wall

The reason I wanted to go to China was to see The Great Wall. I had no other 'points of interest' on my list. Needless to say, I was a little disappointed when Ko, our tour guide, said we would only be spending an hour there. However, Lauren and I managed to make the most of our time and took about a million (read: about a hundred) pictures between the both of us.
These are a few of my favorite ones:







Lauren and I got a lot of looks for wearing flip-flops. Asian people, in general, don't wear flip-flops to walk around though.



We couldn't possibly pass up a chance to get on a camel.

Shani-I don't know if you read my blog, but you should know that I definitely thought of you when I was on this camel.



When we were leaving, we overheard some guys speaking a language we didn't recognize. Sato-san, a guy with our group, asked me what language they were speaking. I decided to just ask the guys, because I had heard them speaking English earlier. We found out they were from Iraq and were on a government trip to China. Nice, huh? When I told them we were from the states, one of the guys said, "Oh, yeah--we're in a fight." It was, umm, funny. This picture represents the entire conversation pretty perfectly.


In one word: bizarre
I especially love the look on the guy's face that is on the far left.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics, Jenn!! It's fun traveling vicariously through you! (Love the "Weman" pic.) Take care!

Anonymous said...

*Somebody's* feet look really pale in those pictures... j/k!

Anonymous said...

My feet only look pale next to Lauren's feet because she's half asian!