Monday, October 24, 2005

And I can tell you 'bout today...how I picked you up and everything changed

Has God ever revealed something to you in the most un-assuming place? Somewhere you didn’t expect it? I mean, it seems normal for Him to reveal something in the middle of church, but that rarely happens for me. Saturday night he did it through a precious 5 year old little girl named Reese. There was music being sung at the time, but I was hardly paying attention to the words I was saying. I was focused on Reese. The way she leaned on me and laughed…the way she tried so hard to sing along with the songs. I realized how much I missed being around kids. I’ve always been around them it seems, until I got to Japan. Of course I see them at church and on the street from time to time, but I haven’t really had an opportunity to really ‘bond’ with any of them because of the language barrier. Reese gave me that chance (because she is Japanese/Australian, therefore knows both languages—I’m so jealous), and in the process, she reminded me that I need kids in my life. (Now if you’re reading this thinking I’m referring to wanting my own children, I’m not.) God reminded me that I’ve always loved working with little kids and that I’m happiest when that is what I’m doing. I have no idea where this ‘revelation’ is going to lead me, but I’m thankful that God uses kids and that my heart wasn’t too hard that night to listen to His still small voice.


I’m sharing this with all of you, because I want you to hold me accountable. When God speaks, I want to obey and those of you that are closest to me can help me with that. Of course I’m very far away from you all, but you can still pray for me as I try and hash out all that God is showing me while I’m here in Japan. It seems that it takes getting me in a foreign land before I’ll listen to Him…I’m just glad He was able to drag me here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I miss you so much! This is so cool to be able to read and see what you are doing. I really wit\sh I could go to Japan one day. We're going to Turkey in May. I just got my passport in the other day. So exciting! I gotta go to class now, cuz I'm at school in Dallas right now. Sucks but that is the nature of school I'm told, to go to class and all.
Love ya,
Josh Thompson

Anonymous said...

Gosh I miss you so much! And I'm starting to get teary-eyed just writing that :( And I guess I shouldn't go to class all weepy :) I LOVE YOU! ~Your Lil Sis